Guidelines for the Editor-in-Chief
After a manuscript is accepted for the FTCOR process, it will posted in an FTCOR forum. We ask that associate editors use the provided FTCOR EDITOR-IN-CHIEF’S RESPONSE FORM in order to post their decision within 5 days of an associate editor’s recommendation post in an FTCOR Forum session. The editor-in-chief will attend to the following considerations when writing their review:
- Is the content of the manuscript consistent with the JPE’s mission?
- Is the author’s writing clear? Do the section headings make sense? Is the content well organized?
- Is the content of the manuscript rigorous in terms of its scholarship and argumentation?
- Does the manuscript address an interest, concern, problem, or question in the area of philosophy of emotion?
- Does the manuscript present an interesting or unique solution, argument, method, or perspective in the area of philosophy of emotion?
- Are the reviewer’s and associate editor’s recommendation fair? Do the reviewer and associate editor provide sufficient reasons or justification for their recommendation?
- Was there anything discovered during the 10-day open discussion phase of the FTCOR process that ought to be considered when making your recommendation?