Guidelines for Associate Editors
After a manuscript is accepted for the FTCOR process, it will posted in an FTCOR forum. We ask that associate editors use the provided FTCOR ASSOCIATE EDITOR’S RESPONSE FORM in order to post their recommendations within 5 days of the closing of the 10-day open discussion phase of the FTCOR process. Associate editors are asked to attend to the following considerations when writing their review:
- Is the content of the manuscript consistent with the JPE’s mission?
- Is the author’s writing clear? Do the section headings make sense? Is the content well organized?
- Is the content of the manuscript rigorous in terms of its scholarship and argumentation?
- Does the manuscript address an interest, concern, problem, or question in the area of philosophy of emotion?
- Does the manuscript present an interesting or unique solution, argument, method, or perspective in the area of philosophy of emotion?
- Is the reviewer’s recommendation fair? Does the reviewer provide sufficient reasons or justification for their recommendation?
- Was there anything discovered during the 10-day open discussion phase of the FTCOR process that ought to be considered when making your recommendation?