All works published in the JPE are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1) Referees will have one (2) weeks to accept a paper for review after they have already agreed to do so via email.
2) Referees will have seven (7) weeks to complete their review. Please note that this is no indication of the turnaround time for decisions to authors, and we appreciate the author's patience while the JPE editorial team works on providing the author with a decision in a timely manner.
3) A form will be provided, internally, within the JPE's OJS system.
4) Referees will be asked to attend to the following considerations when writing their review:
- Is the content of the manuscript consistent with the JPE’s mission?
- Does the manuscript address an interest, concern, problem, or question in the area of philosophy of emotion?
- Does the manuscript present an interesting or unique solution, argument, method, or perspective in the area of philosophy of emotion?
- Do the section headings make sense?
- Is the content well organized?
- Is the author’s writing clear, concise, and precise?
- Is the content of the manuscript rigorous in terms of its scholarship and argumentation?
If you would like to support the JPE in the pursuit of its mission by signing-up as a dedicated member of the JPE's Editorial Advisory Board, please complete the Good Faith Agreement with the JPE. All editorial advisory members are officially acknowledge for their contributions on our website.