THE JPE IS CURRENTLY MIGRATING TO THE OPEN JOURNAL SYSTEMS PLATFORM, AND SO IS NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING ANY NEW SUBMISSIONS. WE WILL RESUME ACCEPTING MANUSCRIPTS FOR PUBLICATION AFTER THE MIGRATION HAS BEEN COMPLETED, HOPEFULLY IN JULY 2017.
Submitting a Manuscript
The JPE welcomes authors to submit high-quality articles that address any problem, question, or concern within the area of philosophy of emotion, broadly construed. The JPE does accept shorter, high-quality articles (3,000 words max) to be published in its Meditations section. It does not publish literature reviews, but it will accept book reviews to be published as meditations. Authors who are interested in providing a complimentary copy of their book in order to have a review of it submitted to the JPE should contact the Society for Philosophy of Emotion. Please see the JPE Mission Statement and Submission Guidelines for more information.
All articles that are submitted to the JPE will be initially vetted by the editorial assistants and the editor-in-chief in order to determine whether or not the manuscript will be able to withstand the FTCOR (open review) process. We recommend authors to take advantage of the various forums that are currently available to academics to receive feedback on their paper prior to submitting it to the JPE. Some available forums are listed below (please note that the JPE is not associated with any of these entities):
Steps for Submitting a Manuscript
- Read the above information prior to submitting a manuscript to the JPE.
- Read the Submission Guidelines before submitting a manuscript to the JPE.
- Make a donation if you would like to help support the JPE fulfill its aims: The JPE ask authors accompany their manuscript submission with a donation of $25.00 in order to help the JPE defray its costs for providing free online access to as many viewers as possible. Please note that 4.4% of all donations made through PayPal goes toward PayPal fees. Authors may also make their donation directly through their bank. Please see Show Support for more information.
- Submit your manuscript: Use the link and form provided in order to submit your manuscript as a Word .doc or .docx file. Before doing so, however, please make sure you save your file using the following file name format [#_First Name_Last Name]. If you are submitting a manuscript with more than one author, please make sure that each author completes a manuscript submission form. Only one file, however, needs to be uploaded for each co-authored manuscript.
- Note that by submitting a manuscript to the JPE authors agree to participate in the FTCOR process, in accordance with the FTCOR Rules of Engagement, if their manuscript continues on into the FTCOR process.
- Note that by submitting a manuscript to the JPE, authors agree that they will not hold the JPE or any individual associated with the JPE to be ethically, legally, or financially liable for any harms that may be incurred during the FTCOR (open review) process. Please see the FTCOR Rules of Engagement for more information.
- Within approximately 10 days of your submission, authors will be contacted regarding the status of their submission via the email address that was provided on the JPE Manuscript Submission Form.
- If a manuscript proceeds to the FTCOR process, an author should receive an email introducing them to the associate editor who will be in charge of managing their manuscript through the FTCOR process, along with their JPE username and password, which will allow them to take part in the FTCOR process. For more information on the FTCOR process, please see FTCOR.
- If a manuscript is accepted for publication, authors should submit a final draft of their manuscript within 10 days of receiving the editor-in-chief’s notification of acceptance, along with an audio file of their paper (for accessibility purposes).